Peckforton and Beeston One Centre
Walking Holiday in the UK
- Delamere Forest
- Beeston Castle
- Pretty village of Tarporley with independent shops, pubs and tea rooms
- Pretty lakeside market town of Ellesmere on Llangollen Canal
Stay near Beeston Castle and the Peckforton Hills. Tarporley is the closest village, and has a pretty high street with independent shops for browsing and a good choice of pubs, restaurants and tea shops.
The surrounding countryside is lovely for walking with quiet footpaths, canal towpaths, and pretty villages. The Sandstone Trail, a low level ridge walk is close to Tarporley and many of the circular walks are based around this. Walks are a gentle 4 - 6 miles or moderate 8 - 10 miles. Follow circular walks based on the Sandstone Trail in Delamere Forest and to Beeston Castle and around the Peckforton Hills. Also a lovely canalside and lake walk near the pretty market town of Ellesmere. Can mix also with cycling the cycling holiday for people who would like to cycle and walk some days - see Tarporley cycling break for ride options.
Itinerary for Peckforton and Beeston One Centre
Peckforton Hills Walking Holiday
First Day - Arrive at accommodation from lunchtime. We meet you when you arrive to run through arrangements and answer any queries you may have. Gentle walk for that afternoon.
Day 2 and /or 3 - Circular walk choices
Last Day - Check out of your room. Circular walk for that day and leave in the afternoon.
Selection of walks from Tarporley include
- Walk to Beeston Castle, around the Peckforton Hills to Higher Burwardsley for a stop at the Candleworkshops and excellent Pheasant Inn. Lunch either at the Pheasant, or the cafe at the Candleworkshop. Distance 5 miles or 8.5 miles. Castle is worth a visit, great views across 8 counties.
- Explore Delamere Forest following sections of Sandstone Trail, lunch at the visitor centre cafe, or the nearby Station cafe. Easy paths. Distance - 6 mile walk or 9 mile walk
- Walk along the Sandstone Trail to Rawhead, the highest point of the trail and Bickerton Hill - 5 miles
- Walk from Boot Inn at Kelsall, through Primrose Hill Woods and along section of the Sandstone Trail. Good views. Distance - 5 miles.
- Visit the small market town of Ellesmere , in the Shropshire Lakes area about 1/2 hour drive away. A lovely walk along a section of the Llangollen canal, and visiting several of the lakes (called Meres) in the area. 4 or 51/4 miles
Country Inn (been a Good Pub guide entry for many years), or Country House Hotel. The Country House Hotel is suitable for groups of up to 18 and we can also offer this as a dinner bed and breakfast package at a competitive rate.
Prices shown are per person
|Number of Nights||Country Pub||Country House Hotel|
|Single supp/night||£20 - 35||£30 - 45|
* Supplement of £5 per person, per night assuming double and twin rooms for Friday or Saturday nights
Discounts & Offers
Child Discounts - (Children sharing with 2 adults)
Under 2 - free
Under 4 - 80%
Under 12 - 50%
12 to 16 - 25%
Group Discounts - 10% for groups of 4 or more adults
This walking holiday includes -
- Overnight B & B accommodation
- Detailed routes, maps, background information
- Emergency back-up
- Car parking or transfer to and from nearest station
Nearest stations - Chester, Hartford (Northwich). Most walks are a short drive from your accommodation. It is possible to reach most of the walks by bus. Please contact us to discuss the options if traveling by train
Select from the photos below to see a larger preview
We're more than happy to help you book your ideal holiday. Get in touch by calling on (+44) 0151 722 8050, or contact us by email, by enquiring below