Llangollen and Ceiriog Valley
Walking Holiday in the UK
- Pontysyllte aqueduct and the Llangollen Canal
- Chirk Castle
- Castle Dinas Bran, Vale Crucis Abbey
- Horseshoe Falls, the start of the Llangollen canal
- The pretty market town of Llangollen
The walking holiday is based in Llangollen a busy market town on the Welsh border with a good range of shops, cafes, pubs and other places to eat. Chester is also only about 1/2 hour away. The area is a popular walking area and close to Offa's Dyke Long Distance Footpath. Circular walks of 8 – 12 miles with a short walk for the first day of around 5 miles.
Visit Vale Crucis Abbey, Castle Dinas Bran and the Panorama walk, Plas Newydd home of the ladies of Llangollen, Pontysyllte aqueduct and Chirk Castle
Itinerary for Llangollen and Ceiriog Valley
First Day - Arrive at accommodation from lunchtime. We contact you when you arrive to run through arrangements and answer any queries you may have.
Day 2 and /or 3 - Circular walk choices
Last Day - Check out of your room. Circular walk for that day and leave in the afternoon.
Some of the circular walk options
- Lovely walk from Llangollen, with steep (but short) ascent to Castle Dinas Bran ruins, great views over Llangollen and the hills. Distance - 7.5 or 4.5 miles.
- Walk to Chirk Castle along Offas Dyke path and then on to the Pontysyllte aqueduct and back along the Llangollen Canal 8 - 12 miles
- Trevor Rocks, Prospect Place tearooms and the Panorama walk 5 miles
- Walk to the Horseshoe Falls and Vale Crucis Abbey - various
For those with cars there are also circular walks a little distance away including the Ceiriog Valley
Comfortable walkers B & B in the town or a restaurant with rooms.
For larger groups we can offer the hotel option as a dinner bed and breakfast package at a competitive rate - contact us with approximate numbers for a quote.
Prices shown are per person
|Number of Nights||B & B||Restaurant with rooms|
|Single supp/night||£10 - 25||
£20 - £35
Discounts & Offers
Child Discounts - (Children sharing with 2 adults)
Under 2 - free
Under 4 - 80%
Under 12 - 50%
12 to 16 - 25%
Group Discounts - 10% for groups of 4 or more adults
This walking holiday includes -
- Overnight B & B accommodation
- Detailed routes, maps, background information
- Luggage transfer & emergency back-up
- Car parking or transfer to and from nearest station
Nearest stations - Ruabon
Select from the photos below to see a larger preview
We're more than happy to help you book your ideal holiday. Get in touch by calling on (+44) 0151 722 8050, or contact us by email, by enquiring below